I reached out to Lauren Grayman, executive director of the North Bay chapter, to get more information about the organization and how funds from Auction Napa Valley support it's mission. When we spoke, it quickly became obvious she has deep respect for the organization and what it represents. She also has a personal attachment to the program. She had a “Big Sister," Julie, who during high school walked her to class and introduced her to people. Julie helped her socialize in her new surroundings and made her feel special and, more importantly, comfortable. Lauren herself became a “Big Sister” her senior year and in college joined the “Big Sibling” group. When she realized the group didn't have much of a voice, she ran for president and was elected.
- 52% of youth enrolled in BBBS mentoring programs feel more confident in their schoolwork,
- 31% have higher educational expectations,
- 41% achieve higher grades in all core subjects,
- 65% reached a higher level of education than they ever thought possible,
- 52% are less likely to skip a day of school and have three times fewer drop outs,
- 46% are less likely to use drugs,
- and overall, students are four times less likely to be arrested or have a teen pregnancy.
Learn more about organizations, like Big Brothers, Big Sisters, that are supported by Auction Napa Valley giving.
#ANV13 Social Media Crew
@RedmonWines & @STashNV