Key Findings in Insel's report:
- The region's wine production has an annual economic impact on Napa County of $13.3 billion
- The wine industry, directly and indirectly provides 46,000 full-time equivalent jobs in Napa County
- Wine-related tourism generates more than $1 billion annually
- The wine industry generates nearly $1.3 billion annually in local, state and federal taxes
- The high value of the product speaks clearly to Napa's reputation for quality wine
- Napa's vintners generate $84 million annually in charitable contributions
Insel's report noted that along with the renown of the appellation and the cluster of industry expertise in Napa Valley, the region attracted even more vintners, winegrowers, and service providers, making Napa a hub of the California wine industry.